Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Challah!!

Happy day! Challah is my favorite bread. That is not a statement I make lightly. I love bread. I mean I loooooove bread! I tried the South Beach diet a couple years ago, and it was the hungriest day and a half of my life. I just can't function without carbs. So, I was beyond excited when I found the most amazing challah recipe. It was doubly exciting because it is nearly impossible to find some good challah in Provo, Utah.

I have made several challah recipes (and eaten many people's fair share of challah), but this one is beyond amazing. My husband, who is not so into carbs (other than his ranch choodles. More on those later) raved about it. It is the challah recipe in The Sweeter Side of Amy's Bread. It makes sense that a New York City bakery would have a killer challah recipe, and this one totally delivers.



I didn't make the traditional braid, opting instead to make sandwich rolls out of it. I had to restrain myself from eating them all while they were warm. As it is, we finished half the rolls with dinner last night. I'm sure it would make an amazing base for bread pudding, too, but we'll never have this recipe last long enough for us to find out.

2 comments:

  1. So fluffy and perfect looking. I've only seen challah at the store bakeries, and it never has the quality of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Looks so good!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete